B.I.T.C.H: Bayonetta in Total Control of Herself
Bayonetta has been a very polarizing character for videogame journalists. Some argued that her portrayl was ultimately more positive than negative. Others disagreed, and while I personally embrace …
Note: This is a really good character analysis of Bayonetta that, unlike most others, actually looks at the religious thematics and imagery of the game, what they represent, and reflect on her character.
I was nodding my head in agreement until I got to “this game is about murdering the patriarchy…”
No, no it is not.
You started off well and just went off the deep end by alluding to violently killing men. Talking unashamedly about killing men is okay, but turning around and saying the same things about women is suddenly…you got it: misogyny. Sexism. Do you see the hypocrisy here?
If anything, I’m ashamed of the fact that her character is viewed like this at all. No…ashamed for you.
Riiiight do keep in mind that her whole entire culture of people besides herself and Jeanette were violently tortured and murdered, just like many women today are harmed by the patriarchy. So Bayonetta is a hypocrite for wanting revenge and protecting herself? The Umbra Witches did not start the battle, it was the Lumen Sages, specifically Father Balder that started it all as an attempt to control the other half of the world (women). It’s not about violently killing all men (the original author of the post praises Rodin), but those who actively participated in the oppression of women as an act of justice. Not to mention that most of the “men” in question have turned into monsters in the pursuit of power and holiness.
i wish i was bayonetta because if someone criticizes my body hair it would literally eat them
Famitsu on Bayonetta 2
I’ve really been waiting for the first Bayonetta 2 reviews and now it’s here. The japanese magazine Famitsu wrote it and although I got no clue what they wrote, the final verdict, consisting of 4 authors’ ratings is as follows:
Bayonetta 2 (Wii U, Nintendo): 10 / 9 / 10 / 9 - (38/40)
38/40 usually is a Zelda-kind of a rating there, so I guess a blind day one purchase wouldn’t hurt here.
PSA: Bayonetta 2’s main theme will be a cover of “Moon River”
So this past summer I decided to get a grindr (a gay dating app) and this dude hit me up he was fine as hell and had muscles. So we meet up and we fucked and it turned into like a summer thing. So the school year starts and the nigga my p.e teacher
there are 13 yr olds on this website who are genuinely like “YAAAAS BENEDICT PUT UR DICK IN ME MAKE ME UR CUMBERBITCH AND CUMBERCUM ON MY FAAAACE” like im so worried about them
Oh like you weren’t the same way when you were 13?
literally no i never wanted to fuck a 1000 year old alien even at 13
- Male Writer: Ah, anniversary jokes are so funny. Because chicks always hate it when you don't remember anniversaries! A plus gold very original
- Male Writer: Mother in laws amirite?
- Male Writer: My male character who is an author insert of myself pines after a woman I used to pine after in high school. Then they have sex. This is good literature.
- Male Writer: Ugh female books are so romance filled
- Male Writer: And girl fanfics, so mary suey
- Male Writer: Now listen about this original middle aged man who is an expert in everything, suffers from ennui, looks like me, acts like me, and gets all the girls i want.
- Male Writer: She was sexy in an alluring, boring way, filled with purple prose and riddled with objectification
- Male Writer: If i make a female character parrot my misogynistic views, they cease to be misogynistic! Are you saying you don't respect my fake female characters opinions, feminists?
- Male Writer: a good action girl is one who looks hot at all times
- Male Writer: If the female main character got in an asskicking line, my work is Feminist with a capital F and no one can criticize me
- Specifically White Male Writer: Heroic tropes are so overdone. I'm going to create a boring white guy with stubble to be a completely original antihero no one has ever seen before TM.
- Same Guy: It's original because he is a jerk who gets away with bad behavior, just like I wish i could.
- Another Specifically White Male Writer: It's in my universe to only have white men do things in my book. I mean, don't you care about historical accuracy
- Same Guy: I mean, it's a generic fantasy verse with no real life time period equivalent and i haven't done any research, but i'm SURE that it's historically accurate. To that dark mideval dragon fighting europe period
- Same Guy: Where in Europe? Who cares!
- Male Writer: There is no better way to introduce a female character to a male character than by him saving her.
- Male Writer: Characters hating each other is good sexual tension!
- Male Writer: One female character and five male characters is a good team balance
- Male Writer: If my female character chooses to act in a sexist tropey way, it's not sexist. In fact, because she CHOSE to do it, it is Feminist.
- Male Writer: I am original